суббота, 10 июля 2010 г.

I'm interested in media not just because I'm a journalist, but I'm a journalist who covers media. It's like a circle, where all my life in recent years has been about journalism and journalists. Most of my friends are journalists, I'm a journalist covering journalism in Russia. And it's interesting that as a main part of my job I have to deal with editors-in-chief, who are actually my ex-bosses or probably future ones. I find it quite unusual :-)

As a final project I would like to discover differences in particular areas of the US journalism. I have a lot of concerns about freedom of the speech, but it's too big topic to cover in the 5-minute presentation and to go there really deep. That's why I would prefer to concentrate just on the one of the aspects refering to the freedom of the speech.
For now I'm thinking about writing the project which would compare slander, diffamation and liable problems in the US and in Russia. It looks very interesting for me, cause law system in general is completely different in both countries, and it;s competely different in the particular area. For example, Russia has a Criminal Code where exists an article about criminal penalty for slander. Shamelessly, it could be a prison for journalists just for their articles or TV pieces!

So I could do research about this area, to look for some histiorical and recent examples and then I would write about my opinion, which I already have. I completely disagree with the idea that the person can be punished for the words he says or writes.

I will look for the articles explaining the Russian and US situations in this field by googling. I also know Media Law and Policy Institute in Russia which professionaly is interested in the field, so I could go to their web-site and to find out if they have some resurches in the same field. I will borrow the law book from PJ and also will try to be creative in pictures choice by googling it. I've not decied yet if to choose PowerPoint or I-movie. I've done presentations in PP, so probably it willbe more challenging to use the new program for me, but I will later shoudl be needed a technical advice. I think to start some resurch on the next week. Hope the presentation will be good.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий